STEP 1: COMPLETE YOUR ARCHI’S INSTITUTE REGISTRATION:
Go to www.archisinstitute.com. Click on “SIGN UP FOR CLASS” near the top. Complete it and click SUBMIT. This reserves your seat in the class of your choosing. It will ask who your Enrollment Coordinator is. Please Identify who your Enrollment Coordinator is.
STEP 2: COMPLETE YOUR CAL POLY REGISTRATION:
- Click “SIGN UP FOR CLASS.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page without refilling out the information again and click on “CLICK STEP 2: CPP REGISTRATION.”
- Click on the blue SESSION # of your choice.
- Click the yellow “ADD TO CART” button.
- Click “CHECK OUT.”
Proceed to complete the rest of the registration.
It will ask for your Bronco ID#. Leave this portion blank. If you are paying out of pocket, select “Self-Pay.”
STEP 3: You will need to apply for your Post 9-11 GI Bill and COE. Plan on this process taking 30 uninterrupted min. Make sure you have your bank account number and routing number ready.
If you have never used your GI Bill before, you will need to complete and submit VA Form 22-1990. This form is found at www.vets.gov
If you have used your GI Bill before, you will need to complete VA Form 22-1995. This form is located in www.eBenefits.va.gov
If you have used your GI Bill at any other educational institution, you will need to pull unofficial transcripts from each school you have attended so Cal Poly can process your benefits, Monthly Housing Allowance and Books & Supplies Stipend. They will contact you directly asking for these.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING GI BILL APPLICATION
- In order to use Post 9-11 GI Bill, you must relinquish your Montgomery GI Bill.
- The “Effective Date/Start Date” is the first day of class.
- The program is a “degree program” not a “certificate program.”
- Your “Educational or Career Goal” needs to be input as “Get a bachelor’s degree.”
- The name of the school is “CAL POLY EXTENDED UNIVERSITY POMONA (SAT)”
- The address is: 3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768
- It will ask “Are you getting, or do you expect to get any money (including but not limited to federal tuition assistance) from the armed forces or public health services for any part of your coursework or training?” You need to select NO.
TO OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY (COE)
1. Log in to your eBenefits account
2. Click on “BENEFITS”
3. Click on “EDUCATION”
4. Click on “POST 9-11 GI BILL (CH. 33)
5 Click on “VIEW DETAILS” tab
6. Send screenshot of the “ENTITLEMENT INFORMATION” box to your Enrollment Coordinator immediately after completing Post 9-11 GI Bill application
***If this information is not populated yet, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail from the VA 3-5 weeks after completing your GI Bill application. When this comes in, scan/email ONLY the first page to email@example.com I need to know when you have sent this email!
STEP 4: I have attached your Skillbridge Packet. This is used by your command to authorize your participation in a Skillbridge program so you do not have to use your leave balance to attend. It is very important that you edit the highlighted portions as required. Once this is done, take it to your chain of command and get the required signatures. Once you have the signatures, take it to Robert Hightower or Tabitha Maser on the 3rd deck of building 13150 on mainside/14th and C St. They will need this NLT 3 weeks prior to the class start date. I have also included the Skillbridge Intake Sheet. I need this filled out and scan/email back to me as soon as possible.
Email Tricia ant firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you need an “Education Plan for TA.”
TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION – DETAILS TO COMPLETE THE FORM
NETPDTC 1560/3 Rev. (09/07) form:
Under the Course Description Block:
COURSE: VSAT / SAT
COURSE TITLE: VETERANS SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL TRAINING / SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL TRAINING
CD CODES: V
CL CODES: 2
PIM CODES: I (as in “India”)
CU CODES: C
# of Credit Hours: 270 Tuition
Cost Per Credit Hour: $16.67
COURSE FEE: $0
TOTAL COURSE COST: $4500.00
You will need to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes each day. You will need a laptop (not a tablet) and note-taking material. Bring a lunch and something to drink. We have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. You will receive a Welcome Email about a week prior to the class start date with all the details. It may show up in your spam box from “Constant Contact.” Class times at 7:30am-3:30 pm M-F for the day classes and 6-10pm Tues/Thurs, and few Saturdays for the Nights & Weekends classes.
Finally, as you complete each step of these processes, you need to let your Enrollment Coordinator know so they can update your enrollment status with Cal Poly.
IV. HOUSING INFORMATION
*** ARCHI’S ACRES and ARCHI’S INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY LODGING FACILITY. WE ARE ONLY ASSISTING YOUR SEARCH FOR LODGING CLOSE BY, AND HAVE AGREEMENTS WITH SOME LOCAL BUSINESS’S FOR DISCOUNTED PRICES FOR STUDENTS ***
$50 night 250 W. El Norte Pkwy, Escondido, CA, 92026, US Phone: (760) 746-0441 Fax: (760) 746-0537
RV PARK – CHAMPANGE LAKES RV RESORT
POC CJ Williams at 949-500-5674 or Denise Rincon at 760-749-7572
http://www.champangelakesrvresort.com -10 minute commute to school /farm
Requires a returnable security deposit $350 -$50 a night / $350 weekly rate includes electricity, cable, wifi Safari RV Class A
Tent site also available
SAN DIEGO STUDENT HOUSING
– Fully furnished rooms
– Between $600-$900 MONTH and in great locations by beach, Trader Joe’s…. etc.
SAN DIEGO YOUTH HOSTEL
– Minimum stay for VSAT students is 30 days, but they get the reduced rate of $15 a night (Reg. travelers pay $25-$40 depending on number of room mates)
-Free breakfast daily / free dinner at least 4 nights of the week
POC is Meg at 619-955-7723
ARCHI’S ACRES HOUSE/ WOUNDED WARRIOR HOMES
Amanecer Place, Escondido, CA, United States –
POC is Gene D. Jennet, Executive Assistant
– $1300 for 6 weeks
$75.00 Refundable Security Deposit, $25.00 Cleaning Fee
– WWH will use your COE from GI Benefits as ‘promissory note’ of payment
– Only houses 3 Students a class from Out of State
Private Homes on Organic Farms and Local Area Room Rentals:
 Soleil Develle (760) 521-7649, Fallbrook CA 5th Wheel Trailer – $1000.00 (6 wks), email@example.com
 Jane Kehr (949) 636-0514 (VSAT Alumni), Valley Center, CA $1000.00 (6 wks), firstname.lastname@example.org
 Barry Bevier (619) 980-1998, Vista, CA One 12×15 bedroom. Shared bath with my daughter so prefer a woman, use of laundry, kitchen, wi-fi. Quiet rural area. Thanks – honored to help our vets. email@example.com $1000.00 (6 wks)
 Marsha Burack (858-500-2460) AirBnB listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5695506
 Marieta Wiers firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Rancho Del Rey, Escondido 92025. Beautiful home with pool. Two rooms with queen beds available for rent. $900 each p/month. Possible discount if both rooms rented. Internet access, kitchen access, refrigerator and fully furnished.
[/toggle] Please know that we are available to assist you and address any concerns you may have between now and the start of your class. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
Archi’s Institute For Sustainable Agriculture