A UNIQUE APPROACH TO ORGANIC
- Sustainable farming production methods
- Agricultural Irrigation Planning and Techniques
- Hydro-Organics (Organic Hydroponic Techniques)
- Greenhouse Design Considerations
- Farm Ownership and Management
- Business Development and Implementation
- Business Plan Development
- A Hands-On Training Approach
- Introduction to/ and Farm Service Agency Loan Programs Training
- Introduction to the Agricultural Marketplace and Network
THE SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE TRAINING (SAT)
AN AGRICULTURAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INCUBATOR
TAKING STUDENTS FROM SEED TO MARKET
The following courses are offered:
• PLT 437 Environmentally Sustainable Agriculture (3 units)
• ABM 201 – Introduction to Agribusiness Management (3 units)
• PLT 299 – Special Topics for Plant Science (3 units)
• AG 299 – Special Topics in Agriculture (3 units)
• ABM 310 – Seminar in Food and Agribusiness Management (3 units)
• ABM 200 – Independent Study (2 units)
Course Status: Credit: 17 quarter units
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Archi’s Acres, Valley Center
Financial Aid*: This program is TA, MyCAA, WIA and Veteran Benefit’s available. Please contact your local education center, or VA office and fill out the sign-up form (here) so we can provide you with information.
We offer a 12 week hybrid course, a 12 week nights and weekends class, and a 6 week daytime class
Hybrid = Combination of Both Online and Face Time with Instructor
Are you interested in joining the agricultural community? Do you seek to acquire the fundamental skills of self employment or are you looking to be more competitive in the job market? SAT has trained transitioning service men and women, as well as members of the general public, to be successful in the sustainable agricultural industry. More than 300 graduates have left our farm ready to help feed our nation since 2009. We assist with the job placement and business creation after graduation of SAT. Our graduates include successful farm owners and workers, soil-testing pioneers, restaurateurs, and owners of food companies.
In this program, students will receive training in hydroponics, drip/micro irrigation, environmental control, soil biology, composting, greenhouse management, and more.
The SAT daytime full immersion course meets 8-5pm M-F, and the Nights and Weekends class meets Tuesday and Thursday nights 6-10pm and Saturdays.
SAT will introduce you to sustainable agriculture as a viable career option. Students will have the opportunity to meet with successful industry leaders throughout the program. This course will bring your skills up-to-date with small-scale organic farming methods, help build your resume, and assist you in connecting with the current agricultural job market.
For Active Duty personnel wanting to attend SAT:
To access your Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits, contact the Base Education office. If you choose to use your Veteran Benefits and need to know more about requesting your Certificate of Eligibility let us know in your VSAT Sign Up application. If your commander authorizes PTAD we can provide your Command a PTAD letter for their files.
Veterans can sign up on line to use Veteran Benefits: www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
*Students will be entitled to a full refund of the tuition ONLY if they drop class PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY. There are NO REFUNDS as of the FIRST DAY of the program. All students are ultimately responsible for the total cost of tuition, regardless of veteran benefits, grants, or other financial aid that may be used. Archi’s Acres or Cal Poly, Pomona ARE NOT financially responsible for the costs of your tuition for this program.