The goals of borrower training are to help you improve your understanding of production and/or financial management techniques, and enable you (borrowers) to better analyze and manage their farming operations.
Specifically, you (as the borrower) will be expected to do the following upon completion of the training:
1. You will be able to describe the specific goals of the business, the changes required to attain the goals, and outline how these changes will occur using present and projected budgets.
2. You will maintain and utilize a financial management information system and be able to use the system to make financial and production decisions.
3. You will understand and utilize a balance sheet, understand the major components of the balance sheet and its role in analyzing the business. Youwill be familiar with the cost and market methods of valuing assets and liabilities.
4. You will understand and utilize a cash flow budget. Specifically, you (the borrower) must be able to explain and justify estimates for production and expenses, and analyze the cash flow to identify potential problems.
5. You will learn how to use production records and other production information, be able to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and make corrections to present production practices to achieve greater efficiency and profitability.
This intensive one day online course is taught by the instructors at Archi’s Institute for Sustainable Agriculture who preside over the popular Cal Poly Pomona Sustainable Agricultural Training Program. Well over 450 graduates have learned the essentials of successful farm entrepreneurship and many have launched careers in Agriculture.