Note: The new Hybrid Course is a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Students are not required to be on campus.
Goals of the Course
Are you interested in joining the agricultural community? Do you seek to acquire the fundamental skills of self employment or are you looking to be more competitive in the job market? AiSA has trained transitioning service men and women, as well as members of the general public, to be successful in the sustainable agricultural industry. More than 300 graduates have left our farm ready to help feed our nation since 2009. We assist with the job placement and business creation after graduation. Our graduates include successful farm owners and workers, soil-testing pioneers, restaurateurs, and owners of food companies.[/one_third][one_third]
- Sustainable farming production methods.
- Agricultural Irrigation Planning and Techniques.
- Hydro-Organics (Organic Hydroponic Techniques).
- Greenhouse Design Considerations.
- Farm Ownership and Management.
- Business Development and Implementation.
- Introduction to Farm Service Agency Loan Programs.
- Introduction to the Agricultural Marketplace and Network.
- Lab hours will be completed at a farm near you.